Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Matt & the Aeron Chair - Day 2

So, today I'm going to talk about the PostureFit Lumbar Support on the Aeron Chair. To start- I have to preface by saying that the Aeron Chair really did make an impact on the office furniture scene when it came out in the 1990's. The lumbar support feature was pretty revolutionary in that it was designed to allow you a make small tweaks to the amount of support you felt. Herman Miller has come out with a number of office chairs in that time, but the lumbar support on Aeron still very much holds its own.

There's a little knob underneath the seat on the right side of the chair that has three little grooved prongs sticking out of itso it's easy to grab, and it's fairly awesome. When I sit back in my seat, I can feel the padded support hitting the lower part of my back, as it should. The level of adjustment is pretty comprehensive, so if you think its a bit intrusive, you can turn the knob as you're sitting back and feel the pressure give. And the best part is- it doesn't really move in increments- you can move it out or back just as much as you want. What I mean is, some adjustment mechanisms have settings, say 1-5, with 1 being no support and 5 being lots of support, and some poor soul might find themselves wishing there were a 3.5 setting. This isn't an issue with the lumbar support on the Aeron Chair. The level of support you feel is only limited by the dexterity of your fingers. I would strongly recommend this feature because it's definitely a strong point of the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment